Our Raw Strawberry Cake consists of a thin almond base and delicious fresh strawberries, topped with coconut cream. The almond base tastes like a hint of marzipan and the coconut cream melts delicately in the mouth – heavenly!
Why are berries so healthy?
Whether raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or currants – all have a high vitamin and mineral content, contain plenty of fiber and a variety of secondary plant compounds such as flavonoids and anthocyanins. These color pigments in yellow and orange as well as red and blue fruits have a strong antioxidant effect. This means that they counteract oxidative stress by donating one of their electrons to free radicals, thus rendering them harmless.
In addition, they have less fructose compared to most fruits. Unfortunately, today almost only hybrid fruits are available. Hybrid bred fruits contain many times more fructose and much less phytonutrients.
RAW STRAWBERRY CAKE
for a 10 inch diameter cake tin or 4 – 5 small tartlets
- 2 cups almonds
- 5 -6 dates
- 1 pinch vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for cake tin
- 1 ½ pounds strawberries
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup or alternative sweeteners
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin (emulsifier)
PREPARATION THE NIGHT BEFORE
- If you’re not using Medjool dates, it’s recommended to soak them in a little water.
- Soak shredded coconut in 1 cup of water.
- Grind almonds to flour in a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and work into a dough.
- Press into the greased cake tin with your fingers
We prefer a silicone springform pan with a glass bottom, so the cake can be served directly on the glass pan.
Arrange strawberries on top of cake base with the points facing up.
- Blend shredded coconut with soaking water in a blender.
- Pour the coconut milk through a nut bag and squeeze well. The pomace can be dried into coconut flour and used for another dish.
- Put coconut milk back in the blender, add the lecithin, soft coconut oil and a sweetener of choice, blend everything briefly.
- Refrigerate the coconut cream for about 1 hour until it firms up a bit, then carefully pour it over the cake. It looks really great when the strawberry tips are still peeking out.
If you want to save yourself a step, you can also leave the pomace in the coconut milk. This way the cream will not melt quite as thinly.
Do you like the raw strawberry cake? We’d love to hear about your experience in the comments.
Lecithin is an emulsifier, brings water and oil together and provides a creamy consistency. There are emulsifiers, such as carboxymethyl cellulose and polysorbate 80, which do not have such a good reputation. In contrast, pure lecithin from sunflower seeds is extremely healthy. Sunflower lecithin contains a mixture of different phospholipids. Phospholipids are, among other things, components of cell membranes and play an important role in the overall metabolism. Phosphatidylcholine supports fat metabolism and liver function. Phosphorus is, among other things, involved in energy metabolism and the maintenance of bones and teeth, and contributes to normal cell membrane function.
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website