Sushi with raw cauliflower rice is a very popular dish in raw vegan cuisine. It tastes surprisingly good and it’s hardly recognizable as raw vegan.
Traditionally, sushi is a Japanese dish made from cooled, vinegar-sour rice, supplemented with ingredients such as raw fish or vegetables, rolled in a sheet of nori. Then dipped in soy sauce or wasabi.
What we particularly like about this raw vegan dish is the nutrient balance:
- Nori leaves provide Iodine
- Brazil nuts provide selenium
- Cauliflower is rich in vitamin C
- Sprouts and wild herbs act as top nutrient booster
Now to the recipe:
SUSHI WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 4 sheets of nori
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of Brazil nuts
- 1 tablespoon yeast flakes
- Cucumber, carrot, bell pepper cut into sticks
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sprouts (alfalfa or broccoli), lettuce leaves
- Process cauliflower, nuts and yeast flakes in a food processor to a fine-grained mass and spread 3/4 on a nori sheet.
- Cover the middle with vegetable sticks, avocado and sprouts and roll up carefully. Dampen the last section of nori sheet with water to help it stick.
3. Cut into bite-sized pieces with a sharp knife, garnish and serve!
4. For dipping, we recommend soy sauce or the Sweet & Spicy Chutney.
Creativity is also allowed in the raw vegan preparation. The sushi can be designed very colorfully or layered with different vegetables.
Have fun preparing and enjoying!
You are interessted in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the health benefits of a plant-based diet?
Take the opportunity and join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health.
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!