This red currant tart is prepared in the raw kitchen way and consists of a thin almond base, red currants and a homemade coconut cream.
COCONUT CREAM IS VERY DIGESTIBLE
Coconut oil contains mainly medium-chain fatty acids. The body deals with these differently than with those that are long-chain. The body treats them like carbohydrates and are quickly used for energy production – with the advantage that they don’t cause blood sugar to skyrocket! In addition, they’re deposited less quickly in the fatty tissue, because for this they must first be converted into storage fats.
RED CURRANT TART
for a size 10×10 inches
- 2 cups almonds
- 5 -6 dates
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 pinch vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for cake tin
- 1 pound red currants
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin (emulsifier)
- Chop the dates and soak them in lemon juice for 2 hours.
- Grind almonds in a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and work into a dough.
- Press into the greased cake tin with your fingers.
- Wash the currants, drain well and spread on the cake base.
- For coconut cream, grind coconut finely and soak in 1 cup water for about 1 hour. Blend coconut flour and soaking water with all remaining ingredients in a blender and pour over the berries.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours so the coconut cream hardens.
It’s important to be a little patient. Depending on the cooling temperature, it may take a few hours for the coconut cream to reach the desired firmness.
- The coconut cream becomes soft at room temperature – therefore always serve fresh from the refrigerator!
- The coconut cream described here is the everyday version. For a very fine coconut cream, milk and pomace should be separated. See HERE.
The tart can also be prepared with other berries such as strawberries, blueberries or jostaberries.
Have fun preparing and enjoy!
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!