We’re happy to present to you our raw vegan broccoli salad. This delicious winter recipe is packed with vitamins and antioxidants to help keep vital nutrients in your diet through the colder months.
This recipe is a vitality-rich combination at its best.
Broccoli is a member of the cruciferous family and is blessed with a variety of valuable nutrients, including:
- Vitamins C and K
- Minerals calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and potassium
- Antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin
- Numerous phytonutrients such as kaempferol (1) and glucoraphanin, which is converted into sulforaphane (2) during digestion
Goji berries are especially rich in the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin.
Hemp seeds provide valuable amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids.
RAW VEGAN BROCCOLI SALAD
for 2 servings
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 3 tablespoons sunflowerseeds
- Dill, cilantro or parsley
- ½ cup hempseeds
- ½ cup cashews
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt, chili to taste
- Water depending on desired consistency
- Separate broccoli into very small florets. If you like, you can also chop the broccoli in a food processor. The stalk can be used or omitted as desired.
- For the sauce, add all ingredients to a blender with water amount depending on preferred consistency, and blend to a creamy sauce.
- Add goji berries, sunflower seeds and finely chopped herbs over the broccoli and mix in with the sauce.
- Allow to infuse for a bit and enjoy.
How do you like this raw vegan broccoli salad? Can you imagine eating broccoli raw in this version? We’d love to hear your story in the comments.
More raw food cabbage recipes:
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!