Pad Thai is a traditional Thai noodle dish, consisting of rice noodles, mung bean sprouts, scallions, fish sauce, tamarind paste and a choice of meat, egg or seafood. The dish is usually garnished with peanuts, lime and cilantro.
All in all, it’s a recipe that lends itself wonderfully to raw vegan preparation and allows for a great deal of creativity. Get inspired by our creation below and find your favorite version.
RAW PAD THAI
for 2 servings
- 1 package kelp noodles
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1 handful snap peas
- 1 lime
- 1 handful cashews marinated in 1 tsp tamari and left to dry
- Cilantro and black sesame seeds
- 2 – 3 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
- 1 small piece of ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Soak kelp noodles in water for at least 1 hour, drain and rinse well. Prepare tahini sauce by processing all ingredients in blender. Pour half over noodles and fold in.
- Cut zucchini and carrots with julienne peeler into fine strips.
- Finely chop bell pepper, snap peas and green onion.
- Arrange noodles and vegetables nicely and pour over the rest of the sauce. Decorate with cashews, cilantro and black sesame seeds.
The combination of the individual ingredients, especially ginger, cilantro and black sesame, reproduce the Asian flavor in this recipe. In addition, Pad Thai is very versatile and allows many different variations. Celery, cucumber, fennel and mushrooms are a great addition.
A sweet and spicy chutney goes very well with this dish as well.
You are interessted in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the health benefits of a plant-based diet?
Take the opportunity and join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health.
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!