Why do we make raw jams? Jams are typically made by cooking sugar and berries. However, when heated, much of the vitamins of the fruit are lost, and the result is an acid-forming spread. It’s best to eat berries fresh or prepare a delicious raw jams to benefit abundantly from their nutrients.
Berries have a high content of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients such as flavonoids and anthocyanins (red, purple or blue pigments). Overall, they have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
RAW JAMS — VARIATIONS
RAW BLUEBERRY JAM
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 4-5 Medjool dates
- In the evening, take frozen berries out of the freezer and let thaw overnight.
- In the morning, blend the berries with the dates briefly – your raw jam is ready!
- Blueberries contain pectin and thus have a particularly good jelly formation.
- Raw vegan jams can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week.
RAW RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
- 2 cups frozen raspberry
- 4-5 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In the evening, take the frozen berries out of the freezer and let thaw overnight.
- In the morning, pass the berries through a sieve and mix with the dates.
- Stir in the chia seeds and leave to infuse for at least 2 hours.
RAW PLUM JAM
- 2 cups dried plums
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 pinch clove powder
- Soak plums overnight.
- In the morning, drain water (use it for another dish if necessary), blend with lemon juice and spices and enjoy.
RAW APRICOT JAM
- 2 cups dried apricots
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 pinch each cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla
- Soak apricots overnight.
- In the morning, drain water (use it for another dish if necessary), blend with orange juice and spices and enjoy.
How to serve these raw jams?
We love to eat these jams with raw bread, chia pudding or even adding a dollop to granola and nut milk . As an alternative to raw jams, we recommend our delicious raw chocolate spread. Children really love this chocolate spread.
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!