RAW ALMOND HEMP BREAD
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup gold flax seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup peeled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons ground caraway seeds
- 2 cups water
- Soak almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds separately, fully covered in water, overnight. In the morning, rinse the almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Let germinate throughout the day and rinse again. The flax seeds will swell, be very slimy and usually have completely absorbed the soaking water.
- In the evening or next morning, blend almonds in a powerful blender with about 1 cup of water. Add sunflower and flax seeds, grind briefly but not too fine. Transfer dough to a bowl and add in pumpkin and hemp seeds. If necessary, add more water to create a more spreadable dough.
- Season with salt and ground caraway seeds. Depending on your taste, coriander, anise and fennel can also be added.
- Spread thinly on 2-3 drying mats on dehydrator trays and divide into 12 to 16 loaves with a pizza roller or spatula so that they can be broken at the end. After a drying time of approx. 6 hours, turn them over and let dry for another 6-8 hours until really crispy. You can keep them in a can for a few weeks.
Preparation without germinating the seeds is a little faster:
- Finely grind almonds, coarsely grind sunflower seeds, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds and put everything together in a bowl.
- Add hemp seeds, spices and water and mix well. Note that you’ll need to add more water here – about 1½ cups.
- Spread on drying mats, see further instructions above.
The preparation of raw bread allows for a lot of creativity. Depending on your taste and preference, you can make different nut-seed breads, and also seed-vegetable crackers!
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!