You cannot prepare raw kohlrabi in a more delicious way!
Kohlrabi pasta with “cheese” sauce is just so tasty and on top of that really healthy.
Kohlrabi scores with a considerable amount of vitamin C and is especially rich in potassium, calcium and magnesium. The cabbage-like and somewhat pungent scent that hits your nose when you first cut open a kohlrabi comes from the mustard oil glycosides (glucosinolates). Mustard oils have an antibacterial and metabolism-boosting effect. Together with vitamin C and magnesium, kohlrabi also supports the immune system.
KOHLRABI PASTA WITH “CHEESE” SAUCE
for 4 servings
- 2 medium kohlrabi
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- Juice of half a lemon
- 50 ml water
- 1 tablespoon yeast flakes
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Peel the kohlrabi and cut into spaghetti using a spiralizer.
- For the “cheese” sauce, blend almond butter with remaining ingredients until creamy. The yeast flakes provide the “cheesy” flavor. We love to use garlic powder in dips, but of course you can also use fresh garlic.
- Season to taste, pour sauce over spaghetti and fold in.
- Let marinate for 1/2 hour and serve sprinkled with fresh pepper.
Depending on your taste, you can add some finely chopped kohlrabi greens into the salad or use as decoration.
Did you know that there are more nutrients in kohlrabi greens than in kohlrabi tubers? Everything from a kohlrabi can be eaten, so you can save those extra nutrients by adding them into your next smoothie.
Be sure to try it out!
More raw food cabbage recipes:
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!