Today we created this delicious hemp seed pesto – it’s quick and easy to prepare and really healthy. That’s exactly what we want to offer you – an ever-growing repertoire of healthy and everyday recipes!
Hemp seeds have an optimal fatty acid and amino acid profile!
You can find out more about the benefits of hemp seeds in our article, “Healthier With Hemp Seeds“!
HEMP SEED PESTO
- 1 cup peeled hemp seeds
- 2 bunches of basil basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon yeast flakes
- 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chop hemp seeds and basil in a food processor, but don’t puree too finely. It tastes better with a little texture.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix again briefly – your pesto is ready.
- Pour pesto into a jar and cover the surface with oil so it’ll keep in the fridge for longer- if there’s any left!
You can use this pesto in many ways:
- with any kind of pasta
- on raw bread
- in salads
And of course, as always, this recipe is easy to vary according to your taste preferences. Swap the basil for parsley and mint, or add pine nuts or sunflower seeds.
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!