Do you start your day with lemon, lime or ginger water?
Our bodies consist of about 70% water and there’s actually nothing that happens in our bodies without water. Our brains even consists of about 90% water. During the night, we lose up to 35 ounces of fluid through our breath and skin.
Replenishing this fluid loss has many benefits
- All cells of our bodies need water for metabolism. A glass of water in the morning stimulates metabolism, digestion, kidney and liver function.
- Water is solvent and a transportation medium, so therefore fundamental for healthy blood and lymph.
- In the morning, our bodies are in the elimination phase and after regeneration during the night, can remove harmful substances and used cells.
- Complexion and elasticity of skin improve with better hydration.
Recommendation according to Anthony William
Start your day, right after getting up, with 3 – 4 cups of fresh lemon water. As an alternative to lemon water, you can also drink ginger water. This process activates the water and makes it “alive”, so that toxins prepared by the liver during the night can be quickly and safely eliminated. For an extra boost, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of honey. Honey also allows the liver to replenish its glucose stores.
>> See also “The morning routine according to Anthony William“.
Squeeze 1 lemon into 4 cups of filtered water. Alternatively, you can also use a lime.
We recommend using water that is room or body temperature. This way your body doesn’t have to heat the water in your stomach first. Your stomach will be grateful.
Ginger water is especially refreshing and stimulating
Ginger has many health benefits. It contains essential oils, bitter substances and the so-called gingerol, which makes ginger spicy and aromatic. As a whole, ginger has a stimulating, antispasmodic, expectorant, detoxifying and antibiotic effect, benefiting the stomach and digestion.
We prepare a concentrate for the ginger water. This concentrate can be stored in the refrigerator and diluted in portions with fresh water.
- 1 cup fresh ginger root
- 1 cup water
3 ways to prepare:
- Juice: Juice ginger root with 1 cup of water.
- Blend: Process ginger root together with the water in a blender to a fine puree, then pass through a hand sieve.
- Grate: Grate ginger into water with a porcelain grater, let it steep for at least 15 minutes, preferably overnight in the refrigerator. Finally, pass through a sieve.
Recommendation: Dilute the concentrate with water to approx. 1:10, fill a glass carafe or water bottle and drink throughout the day. In the morning we recommend room temperature water, in summer it’s refreshing as a lemonade with ice.
On hot days, plenty of crushed ice and a fresh sprig of thyme are refreshing!
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!