Coconut Summerballs are the perfect energy boosters for low energy on hot days. We recommend keeping a small supply of this delicious composition of almonds, coconut, sweetener and lemon in the fridge at all times.
Let’s get to the preparation.
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoon rice syrup or honey (not vegan)
- 1 pinch vanilla
- Juice of half a lemon
- Grind almonds and shredded coconut separately in a blender to flour.
- Set aside 1 cup (50 g) of coconut flour.
- Mix almond flour and coconut flour with the remaining ingredients by hand in a bowl and knead until a homogeneous dough is formed.
- If the mixture is a little crumbly, knead in a little of water.
- Form balls, roll in coconut flour, serve or store in the refrigerator.
We didn’t use any dates or other dried fruits as sweeteners, as they color the summerballs too dark. If you want them even lighter on the inside, you can use peeled almonds.
For the nutritious and easily digestible, but more time-consuming variant, we recommend soaking the almonds overnight. In the morning the skin can be loosened easier.
HERE you can find out more about various alternative sweeteners.
Which energy balls do you love the most in summer?
We look forward to your creations in the comments!
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!