This coconut cream tastes delicious and melts gently on the tongue. Due to the composition of fatty acids, it’s more digestible than cashew cream.
The fat of the coconut consists mainly of the medium-chain saturated fatty acids lauric acid, caproic acid, capric acid and caprylic acid. Of these, 48% are made up of the medium-chain lauric acid. Medium-chain fatty acids are relatively soluble in water and enter the liver directly via the bloodstream. There, they’re used preferentially for energy production in comparison to other fats. Long-chain fatty acids, on the other hand, are packed into transportation vessels known as lipoproteins and released into the blood via the lymphatic system.
We like to serve this coconut cream with cakes or use it in the preparation of raw cakes, such as in the strawberry cake below.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted in a water bath)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin (emulsifier – brings water and oil together and provides a creamy consistency)
- Soak shredded coconut in the water overnight.
- Mix shredded coconut with soaking water in a powerful mixer.
- Pour into a nut bag and squeeze out thoroughly. This is how you make coconut milk and coconut flour. The coconut pomace can be dried into a flour and used for another dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to coconut milk and mix briefly in a blender.
- Refrigerate. Depending on the cooling temperature, it can take a few hours for it to become firm.
Note that the coconut cream softens at room temperature – therefore always serve fresh from the refrigerator!
For a quicker preparation
- Finely grind shredded coconut and soak in the water for about 1 hour.
- Mix coconut flour with soaking water in a powerful blender with all remaining ingredients and put in the refrigerator.
This coconut cream will not be quite as creamy, but the preparation is less complicated and there’s no pulp. You can use a little less coconut oil, as the consistency will be firmer.
Are you interessted in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the health benefits of a plant-based diet? Download the curriculum for our Holistic Nutrition Coach training program.
🍓 Coconut Cream With Berries
🍓 Berry Torte
Would you like to join our unique, based on nutritional sciences and practice-oriented training program for gaining a high level of health?
We are more than happy to inform you about our training program on our website!